Saturday 17 May 2014

From Robina to Ipswich and everywhere in between

A cold kind day at Surfers Paradise


 
The best part of Surfers Paradise was the beach




 


What a lifesaver.

 
 
 I love these cool trees! They look like they are from a Dr Seuss story.
 

 

 
I think the boys like Ripley's Believe it Or Not store, visited for Benjamin, his favourite book. However, it was a bit seedy down the main strip.

While us girls where checking out the ice cream parlours and shoe shops the boys where checking out the weird and wonderful...
 


World's tallest man...Benjamin has a fair way to catch up.



 
That's just grosse!!

 

Us girls liked shoe shopping
 
 
Out with Phil's cousin-sister Bev...
 
 
Food and company were great
 
 
 
 
Eliza ordered the banana split and everyone wanted one!!
 
Look at Casey's face
 
Then for the "faith" cookie
 
This was Casey's faith statement...so applicable, being the one that dug his heels in about the trip.
 
Well thank you Bev for taking us to tea in Springfield.
 
I had noticed a small growth on my nose only last week or so, which I hadn't seen before and was a little concerned so I rang a Skin Cancer Centre this morning before leaving for Burpengary. They were able to fit me in at 11am.
Bulk billed, the head of the Centre just happened to be Christian and was happy to do surgery then ad there, as we weren't going to be around for more than the day.
 
Was a bit daunting as I had my eyes taped shut and a sheet over my face and prayed he knew what he was doing...while he cut it out.
He sent it off for testing and rang back only a few days later to deliver welcome news that it was cancer free. He did however, encourage me to wear 50+ sunscreen.
 
We arrived at our friend Sue and Warren's place and made ourselves at home before they arrived from work.
 
 
Met some cute creatures
 
 
After tea made a batch of scones, only to find out that the reason they turned out atrocious was because I used plain flour.
Oh well, another batch made right, went down well.
 
 
 
Kept the natives happy
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS: